Film is a wonderful but expensive medium. FFO wants to give future filmmakers a helping hand! Are you a film student and can you use a little push for the production of your Bachelor or Master film? Sign up for The Student Pitch, powered by Sabam For Culture.
- The competition is aimed at graduating film students who are looking for additional financial resources to complete their graduation film (BA3 or Master).
- Film students at one of the recognised Flemish film schools, KASK/RITCS/LUCA (Narafi, Sint-Lucas and C-Mine) who have a graduation project in the pipeline can apply.
- Film students who follow an alternative route, such as a Syntra-training or are active within an educational project such as Cinemaximilian and are not enrolled at one of the above schools, also have a chance. Do not hesitate to contact us to find out if your course qualifies.
- All genres (fiction, documentary, animation and experimental) are welcome at The Student Pitch.
How to participate?
Are you a film student and could use a boost for the production of your Bachelor's or Master's film? Then register for The Student Pitch that will take place on January 28 and 29, 2023, in collaboration with Sabam For Culture.
The deadline was 27 November 2022.
The Student Pitch lasts two days : Saturday, January 28, and Sunday, January 29, 2023. If you cannot be present on both days, you cannot participate.
Day 1 - Saturday, January 28
Twenty selected participants are expected in CC De Grote Post in the morning (10h) for a crash course in 'How To Pitch' with tips and tricks to present their project successfully.
In the afternoon (14h), the participants get the chance to pitch their project for the first time to each other and to the professional jury. After the jury's deliberation, the ten most promising projects will be awarded a cash prize of 500 EUR each. These projects may also participate in the next part: a public pitch.
Day 2 - Sunday, January 29
In the afternoon (16h), the ten selected projects will be pitched again, this time not only to the jury but also to an audience. The pitch will be followed by a short feedback from the jury. After a short deliberation, the jury awards four premiums of 1,250 EUR in addition to the prizes awarded earlier.
Friends, supporters or interested parties are welcome to join The Student Pitch in the afternoon. Each participant is asked to invite at least five guests. As an alternative way of crowdfunding, each of these guests, but also the audience, can buy tokens worth 10, 20 or 50 EUR with which they can give one or more projects or filmmakers an extra push. See below for more about the tokens.
- In total, a production premium of no less than 10,000 EUR will be donated by Sabam For Culture over day 1 and day 2.
- Of the twenty nominated projects, ten projects will be awarded a production bonus of 500 EUR by the jury on the first day.
- Four of the ten award-winning projects will have the chance to win an additional production premium of no less than 1,250 EUR each on day two.
- In addition to the amounts mentioned above, the public can, for their own consideration, choose to additionally support the projects. This is done by purchasing tokens that are added in their entirety to the filmmaker's prize pool.
- In addition, Camalot is offering three winners of the pitch a voucher worth 4,000 EUR to rent audiovisual material. This prize will be awarded by the professional jury.
- Flow Postproduction offers one of the projects a post-production package for the completion of the short film in question. This prize is awarded by the professional jury.
Sabam is proud partner of The Student Pitch.
Camalot is proud partner of The Student Pitch.
Flow is a proud partner of The Student Pitch.